EMDS globe trek
EMDS has been used for many problems involving decision support for natural resource management. I have put together a globe trek with Google Earth that provides a cool tour of EMDS applications around the world. It's kinda fun.
Notes on downloading and running the tour:
- Download and install Google Earth, if you don't have it already.
- Download the EMDS globe trek tour, "EMDS globe trek.kmz." You can download to any folder on your hard-drive, but the Google Earth folder is a good choice.
- After downloading the kmz file, start Google Earth.
- Click File-Open, and select the trek file from the folder in which it was saved.
- The file loads into the Temporary places folder by default, but you can click and drag it to the My places folder if you'd like to keep it.
- To start the tour, highlight the EMDS globe trek item, then click the play button on the bottom of the Places pane.
ecosystem management decision support
geographic information system